Local Governance at Unity Schools Partnership
The UnitySP Trust Board, through the Articles of Association, has committed to Local Governing Bodies to work in partnership with the Executive and Leadership Teams to fulfil the three core responsibilities of Governance.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students;
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
We have married these to our Governance Charter and our Scheme of Delegation. These documents, together with the USP Handbook for Local Governance, clearly set out the role and responsibilities of our Local Governing Bodies (LGBs). You can access these documents from the links below or directly from the Unity Schools Partnership website.
Our Governing Body
The Chair of Governors at Bury St Edmunds County High School is Mr Roger Quince. If you wish to contact your Local Governing Board then please use the contact details on our Contact Us Page.
In the interests of transparency, we must publish up-to-date details of our governance arrangements. Our Governance Transparency Information document, which is available in the attachments, will give you details about:
- the structure and the full name of the chair,
- for each governor who has served at any point over the last audited year, their full names, date of appointment, date they stepped down (where applicable), and relevant business and pecuniary interests,
- attendance records at governing body meetings over the last academic year.
Mrs Sheila Belchin (Associate)
Mrs Joanna Benson
Ms Toni Kittle
Mr Roger Quince (Chair)
Mr Malcolm Reeve
Mr Ivan Searle (Careers)
Miss Elizabeth Pascoe
Miss Erin Lacey
Mrs Juliette Orsler
Ms Sally Kennedy
Information about our Governing Body is also available from the Government Website Get Information About Schools.
Unity Schools Partnership
We are proud to be part of the Unity Schools Partnership.
The Unity Schools Partnership is a partnership of schools located on the Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire borders. We share the same values, face similar issues and are geographically close enough to support and challenge each other.
Unity Schools Partnership is a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 07400386.
The registered office is at Unity Schools Partnership, Park Road, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 7YD.
For funding agreements, articles, accounts, and other detailed governance arrangements please click on the link below.