Apply to Join Our Sixth Form
Sixth Form Open Evening
Thursday 13 October, 6.00-8.00pm
Our Sixth Form has a unique identity. We pride ourselves as being a place where:
- Students are more than just numbers – relationships are strong and no one gets lost in the crowd
- Small class sizes – students progress faster, are more engaged and get more individualised support
- We go beyond the classroom – super-curricular and extra-curricular provision build well rounded students
- We look to the future – high success rate with ‘elite university’ applications. Our careers and university support is “extensive and effective”, Ofsted
- Students are school leaders – we look to our sixth form for mentoring, buddying and council systems
- The staff are experts – not only are our staff excellent, but having the experience of teaching GCSEs means that they can support GCSE to A-level transition far more easily
|13 October 2022||Sixth Form Open Evening 6:00pm-8:00pm|
|March 2023||Sixth Form Interviews|
|24 August 2023||GCSE results|
|24th and 25th August||Sixth Form enrolment|
|4 September 2023||Sixth Form Induction Day|
The County Upper Sixth Form welcomes applications from students who are completing their GCSE studies either in our main school or in schools other than County Upper who both support our ethos and meet our entry criteria.
Details about our Sixth Form and our entry requirements are available in the County Upper School Sixth Form Prospectus which can be viewed from the attachments section on this page.
Please attend our Sixth Form Open Evening on Thursday 13 October 2022, 6-8pm. You will have the chance to meet the team and ask any questions. We are happy to help! Applications to County Upper Sixth Form open on Thursday 13 October. The deadline for applications is Friday 9 December. The links to the application forms are available above the Key Dates section on this page. When your application form is completed, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that if you do not apply at this stage, your chosen subjects may not be available due to group sizes and staffing requirements. If clarification is needed, we may ask to see you to discuss your application.
We will process your application and ask your current school (if not CU) for an academic reference to confirm your potential to meet our entry requirements. Please inform your current school of your intention to apply to us.
We will arrange interviews to discuss your aspirations, aptitude and subject choices during March 2022 and place offers will follow (subject to you obtaining the required grades).
GCSE results will be released on Thursday 24 August 2023. It is at this point that you will know if you have achieved the grades required to be accepted onto the courses you wish to study. Your timetable will be based on the choices on your application.
You should then confirm your wish to join us for September 2023 and proof of your GCSE attainment will need to be emailed to Mr S Harrison or Mr S Turner.
If you require more information or we can help in any way, please contact our Heads of Sixth Form, Mr Harrison and Mr Turner on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sixth Form Prospectus
16-19 Bursary Policy
Application to Join County High Sixth Form
County Courier 20
County Courier 19
County Courier 18
County Courier 17
County Courier 16