CEIAG Lead: Mr N Marshall
Tel: 01284 754857
Throughout their time at County High all students are offered impartial advice and have access to an annual careers fair held in the school. This is attended by a huge number of STEM employers offering not only careers involving STEM and general advice. Throughout their time with us, students also have access to a Higher Education Champion from Anglia Ruskin University. This includes whole year assemblies, small group work and individual advice.
Please read the attached Careers Policy for further information about Student Entitlement and Careers Guidance at County High School.
In keeping with our commitment to provide students with outstanding careers guidance and tailored support when choosing their next step after school, we are using Unifrog; an award-winning, online careers platform. All students have access to this excellent website.
The Unifrog platform is designed to support learners in making the most informed decisions about their futures and has a range of tools that are suitable for all year groups. Each student has their own personal account that provides a wide range of information related to their interests and aspirations. Key features of the platform include:
- Exploring Pathways – personality quizzes, career and subject profiles, MOOCs and webinars
- Recording – self-reflection about extracurricular activities and key employability skills
- Opportunities – search tools showing live vacancies/courses/placements for apprenticeships, universities (in the UK and abroad), FE, virtual work experience and much more
- Applications – tools to help students build applications for a range of pathways (e.g. CVs, Personal Statements, Common App Essays)
Students access the platform by clicking a link in their welcome email, where they create a password and can begin using the platform.They login to Unifrog using their email address and password and they can do so from any computer, tablet or smartphone. We would encourage you to use the platform with your child so you can support them through the process of deciding their next step.
We have also set up a parent login so that you can use Unifrog as if you were a student yourself, allowing you to support your child throughout the process. The form code you need is: BSECUPARENT and you can sign up here: www.unifrog.org/code
Careers Programme Evaluation
At County High School, we want to continuously evaluate the impact of the careers programme, analyse destinations data, track student progression after they leave school or college and consider student, parent/carer, employer, and teacher views. Please complete the form below to submit your views. Staff views are collected regularly through staff CPD.
Employers – Feedback will be used to support the development of our careers provision.
Parents – Your feedback will support in developing our careers provision.
Students – Your feedback will support in developing our careers provision.
Supporting Careers within the Curriculum
If you would like to support the school through a range of enrichment activities / opportunities, please contact Mr N Marshall, Careers Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents and Carers (Optimus) – Helping your teenager with subject and career choices Information and practical tips to help you support your teenager’s decision-making.
- Parents’ and Carers Pack October – Amazing Apprenticeships
- Careers Advice for Parents – Youth Employment UK
- Parentkind – Helping with careers advice
- T Levels | The Next Level Qualification
- Not Going to University
- Advice For Parents And Guardians | UCAS | Parent Guide To University https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/ucas-undergraduate-advice-parents-and-guardians
- Guide to post-16 career options for parents and carers | CIPD
Alternatively, you can contact the National Careers Service helpline for information and advice about jobs, careers, and training.
National Careers Service helpline 0800 100 900
Careerometer can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations, help you learn about different occupations and identify potential careers. It provides access to a selection of UK headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects for different occupations, as well as description of the occupation.
Simply type in the title of the job you are interested in and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you. You can then look up another two occupations and compare. You can also select ‘display the UK average’ and compare the information with the occupation you have selected.