Health & Social Care
Level 3 Technical Diploma in Health and Social Care: Cambridge OCR
This course provides a broad understanding and skill set to progress to Further or Higher Education on a health and social care-related programme such as Health and Social Care, Nursing, Social Work or Early Childhood Studies. Students may also seek apprenticeships or employment in the health and social care sector or a related industry.
What are the benefits of this qualification to students?
All units reflect current health and social care practice and will help students to develop the transferable skills, knowledge and understanding that universities and employers are looking for in prospective applicants. Specifically:
- A broad knowledge and understanding of a range of long term conditions, mental health needs and other disabilities and an appreciation of the impacts of living with these;
- The ability to be proactive in helping to improve the lives of individuals who require care and support;
- The transferrable skills necessary to support individuals who require care and support;
- Knowledge and understanding of how strategies to promote healthy lifestyles and positive behaviour are applied in the workplace;
- The ability to learn in work-related contexts;
- The skills required for independent learning and development.
Please read the Long Term Plans in the attachments section.
If you need to request further information about this subject please contact the relevant Head of Department.